Diamond Embedded SDK
Netgem Diamond Embedded SDK is a complete Embedded Operating System for home communication, video, music and smart home devices developed and maintained by Netgem since 20 years.
Netgem Diamond Embedded SDK is a stable, compact, proven and cost effective implementation of the market standard API for video services (HTML5, HbbTV, standard Codecs and DRMs…), and as such supports natively a growing range of content applications designed for TVs by the largest content producers.
Netgem Diamond Embedded SDK relies on standard to guarantee their customer the wider access to technology and content, ensuring the underlying foundations of the products are a reliable and extensible base for future innovation and extensions.
Typical application are e.g. equipment of Linux based IP and hybrid set-top boxes, smart soundbars such as Netgem SoundBox, smart TV sets or other multimedia equipments, looking for an open SDK, compatible with broadcast television standards (HbbTV) and OTT content while not being dependant on licensing restrictions or memory and processing power requirements.
Build on market standards
- Compact, single branch, stable embedded software stack for Linux STBs on Broadcom and Sigma Designs SoCs
- Management of up to 4 DVB tuners simultaneous, including full transport recording
- State-of-the-art video player supporting all market standards
- Support for Verimatrix, Playready and Widevine, including 4K variants
- Access Point Software, including live streaming
- Full remote management (IoT Hub, TR069), including secure upgrade
Ready for the best user experience
- Native HTML secure browser architecture
- Powerful graphic library for advanced OSD
- Hardware optimised (processing & memory)
- Very limited footprint
Designed for premium OTT services
- Youtube certified integrated Chromium browser
- Support for HbbTV 2.01 extensions
- Support for any 3rd Party App Store (BBC iPlayer…)
- Support for protocoles extensions such as DIAL and VAST
- Netflix and Amazon certified